Old 11-02-2004, 11:37 PM
89ford73
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i made a propane injection!! 7.3 idi non turbo

but it doesn't really work too well, i used a propane bottle and a acetylene regulator with a hose running to my air cleaner. the propane bottle is sittin in the passenger seat and it runs good with only 1 pound on the regulator and a little better with 2 pounds, but anything over 2 pounds is no difference. i don't know what it does to the exhaust temps cuz i don't have not hooked up my pyro yet. it is a 89 7.3 non turbo. wait till i get my banks turbo and we'll see if propane helps with a turbo. im saving up. the kit was easy to install, but i had to pay 75 for a regulator and 16 for propane, it wasn't worth it, unless it improves gas milege by about 5 miles per gallon, then i will euse it all the time to save fuel, i will tell ya'll what i think about it in the future. i have not pulled a trailer with it yet. and i think i am gonig to turn my fuel down and see if that hels, its kinda hard to floor it on the highway to see what the propane acts like at wot becausei would smoke everyone out!! i will turn it down and see.