Thread: It's a TITAN
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Armada
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PowerStroke King
Just keep an eye out for body rust, and don't try to tow anything too heavy. Avoid any off-road conditions, and if you drive it through salted plowed roads, immediately hose it down at a car wash. Nissans rust like there's no tomorrow.
Four Wheeler Magazine's truck of the year should not go off road? Dana axles. 33 inch tires from the factory. A lot more ground clearance. Electric locker. Much better approach and departure angles. Just to name a few. Not that Ford is bad off road, but really now, where did you get the idea that the Titan won't go off road?

A truck that won the competition for best 1/2 ton towing in the largest RV mag and also in boat towing mags should not tow anything?

Do you know what the tow rating is on a Titan with the "big tow" package as compared to the F-150 and how those two trucks did in comparison tests? Just wondering. Ford is nice, but what are your facts to support the comment?

I honestly don't know about the rust thing, but you must be thinking about Frontiers or something regarding the off-road capabilities and towing. Only time will tell about the rust. I see a lot of older trucks of all makes, Fords included, with rust. My '77 Jeep CJ-5 is a rust bucket (I think we all know they rust badly), but it is still going strong and will go anywhere (lifted - 36 inch Swampers, rear locker, lots of mods but with original engine, transfer case and diffs.).