View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 07:22 AM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Kevin,

Actually, if we wait until early to mid spring (after we all thaw out), I'd be happy to host a "meeting" at the house here. With my back, I wouldn't mind a few extra hands to help guide the 351 out, and the 500 twin-turbo stroker in. Then you guys can eat and drink while I swear at the assembly I have a few guys lined up from a mailing list I run as well, as well as a boom-style tow truck so those participating don't have to struggle moving 1100lbs of engine on a rickety engine crane across the driveway. Or a few weekends prior to that, I'll have the new engine assembled on my run stand, while I fire up the fuel injection for the first time out the back garage door, that might be interesting too. Or both!

Though with some of my friends... Kenny might not leave here with his high-boy in-tact, it might get an "accidental" conversion to EFI while its here.

Couple years ago one of my friends (from the other list) showed up from far, far away with a carb'd car, and the group of us whimsically went to a local yard, collected a ton of EFI parts, and converted his car across the weekend. 12mpg coming out here from the midwest, almost 22mpg on the way home, with a darn nice idle. The GM ECM in a tupperware container was a nice touch

Hey, accidents happen!