View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 10:27 AM
taxidriver
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrh32
I had done a search last week however can't seem to find it today. I have a '97 E150 with no heat. Since the temperature gauge reads normal and the hoses to the heater are warm, it would appear to be the blend door. I was trying to access the area however I was having some difficulty. Does anyone have experience or know where to look for photos? Winter is coming and I am going to need the heat.
The blend door breaking is a common problem on 1997s. Same problem happened to my 1997 E-350. Here is from alldata.com....

<<<1997-98 ECONOLINE

This TSB article is being republished in its entirety to include 1998 model year vehicles and correct the build date of the affected vehicles.

ISSUE:
Absence of temperature control on some vehicles may be due to the blend door actuator shaft having an interference tit with the blend door, thus causing the blend door to break.

ACTION:
Replace the heater case assembly with a revised heater case assembly. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.

PART NUMBER PART NAME

F7UZ-18478-CA Heater case Assembly>>

There are a few posts and pictures in the heating and cooling section. (too bad search isn't working)

What I did to fix mine was: 1) drill a small hole through the top of the dash to where the blend door is 2)drill a small hole in the blend door 3)attach a piece of antenna wire so you have manual control of the blend door. Works fine, only drawback is you can not reach it from the drivers seat.