View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 07:13 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good post and I agree very much with growing the chapters along with FTE. This is a big challenge to all leaders as well as the fellow members. Growing the chapters can be real trying and even discouraging at times but we all should remember that it will not all come together overnight, so if we keep up the activities and such the groups will become bigger and better. Getting new members and increasing the size of the chapters is great, but we have to focus on keeping the people we have as well. The Kansas chapter has a strong core group that have stuck together through many different conditions, our members are there to help others without even having to ask, they just show up and jump in. The members are also not concerned with where or when there are G2G's they will go where ever. This core group has become more of a extended family then just a group. Now I point this out because it took a few years to create the core members that form the chapter and with them we draw more into the group because newer members see how much is given by the other members without asking for anything in return. This not only draws new membership but helps them feel more at ease which makes it easier for them to feel like they fit in. Thus we get growth but it is also quality growth. I think all the leaders are doing a great job and should be commended for their actions, for this is not an easy position to be in. So any words I could say to all of you is to not get discouraged or feel that you are not making progress for each and every one of you are making progress. Without you there would be no chapter so that is progress. It will take time and things will start small but they will grow as time goes on. IF you can get 4 or 5 people together then they will have things to talk about and post about which will draw attention of others and on and on till you end up with 10 then 15 then more.Well thats my 2-cents which may be all it's worth but I hope it makes some sense.