Thread: Jasper's 302
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 10:28 AM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, so I just got off the phone with my old man who just talked to the shop which has my truck. He said $600 for the fix. He was putting new heads on.

Here's my problem...this isn't sitting right with me.

A) Apparently the heads sent were newer and he had to drill a hole in my intake...I don't like that.
B) Jasper didn't send all of the gaskets...whether it was on them, or up to the mechanic to get it is still unknown.
C) Jasper apparently pays $50/hour for labor t replace parts under warranty, he charges $58...$8/hr difference to my pocket.
D) New wires and plugs. There were alot of problems with the combustion, the plugs were new though (maybe 100 miles) diddo with the wires, only he claims one was burnt.

Guys, I'm going to pick this up this afternoon or tomorrow...but I'm telling you, something isn't sitting right. I'm going there with my check book and not even glancing at it until I'm 100% sure of the work and the parts, etc. Any advice, stories, help...anything. Like I said, I didn't even see her yet, but something is bugging me enough to ask.