Thread: Brand loyalty
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand loyalty

I have thought deeply on this subject. I came up with it makes no logical sense.
If a manufacturer releases a vehicle that is a known lemon. Will you go plunk down your cash knowing you have a 50 50 chance of getting a bad one. Will you still buy it because it has your favorite emblem on the front.

The vehicle market, like the snowmachine and 4 wheeler market, is very dynamic. Manufacturer A makes a better bike than manufacturer B for one year. The following year manufacturer B's bike outperforms manufacturer A's bike in every catagory including quality. Do you stick with A because it has your favorite decal?

Quality. Its an interesting idea. American auto manufacturers are improving drastically to keep up with foreign competition. In fact. We are up to japans quality............. at least, their quality back in 1984. So they are 20 years ahead of us as we speak. Im not loyal to any manufacturer. Only to my bank statement. I buy it if it makes economic sense. Reliability and quality are the two single most important factors. Although resale comes into play with my high mileage.

There are companies that their sole existance is to rate the quality of products. Its an interesting read. I crossreferenced the highest quality with the best fuel mileage and came up with toyota corolla is the best buy on the market. Year after year. I think im gonna buy one. Not out of loyalty. But based on a logical decision.