Old 10-10-2004, 05:54 PM
AxisAllies
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Ford is going great personally. I'm not a brand basher for anyone. I like Dodge and GM trucks. I like Ford trucks. Personally the new 2005 Super Duty series is the best truck going IMO. The 6.0 PSD has made a serious impression on me as well - never thought I'd say that. The Mustang is the best looking sports car on the road now - thanks to Ford's ingenuity of going retro with it.
You will not find a more reliable car than a Crown Vic. It's amazing that you can still get such refinement and luxury in a full sized car for less than 25,000.00 these days. Whats wrong with things being made more affordable for consumers? I do not like the looks of the new F150. Im not really into the boxy all body/no glass look, but it's fine for whoever likes it. All make good and bad.
We currently have 3 GM cars in our family with major problems. A 2000 Pontiac Grand Am in need of completely new transmission. A 96 Buick Regal with water pump, starter, and transmission problems, and an Oldsmobile with blown transaxle and warped brake rotors. Have a 91 Chevy pickup with 407,973 original milles on it though-still running great. Got a 92 Ford crown vic that has been driven hard - never any problems inspite of it. 98 Taurus has 110,000 trouble free miles. 96' Lincoln continental with 4.6 V8. Never tranny or engine issues - but it sits undrivable because of the failed air suspension - will cost more than 3500.00 to fix....ARGGGHHHH! My 98 F150
has been trouble free for 111,000 + miles. Dodges have been good to us as well, the point being any car or truck can fail, even with maintance.

IMO Ford has it together. I like affordability without compromising value and quality. The 2005 PSD will be my next truck - after HONESTLY and unbiasedly comparing all of them. Dodge and GM are fine, but my next will definately be a Ford.