Old 10-10-2004, 03:14 PM
b3nzyme
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ideas for the Advancement of Ford Motor Co.

As of the current years, Ford hasn't been doing as well. What happened? Well, to start, Ford has a bad reputation. Many people's first stereotype is a "junky fall-apart truck with 101 problems". Most of the things are opinionated, and I can see why. Everyone's interest has been shifted to fast cars, big enginges, big spending, cars/trucks/s-u-v's that stand out---ones that grab attention. Ford has been working hard at keeping records for best selling trucks, most low-end torque, etc. and has been forgetting about the customers and what THEY want. Not to mention Ford has been doing a great job maintaining their records. But the customers mostly want vehicles that make THEM look good. Think about it. 1: Why do people like Cadillac Escalades? 2:Why do people prefer a camaro over a mustang? 1: Its a nice looking vehicle that someone with a lot of money can buy and show off in. It's "pimp".2: Overall the camaro has always been better at speed than the mustang and it isn't so cheap. Ford vehicles has usually just had an appearance and 'personality' of an average vehicle. Many people bought the last model of the f150 because during that time, It had nice looks and looked more like a man's truck. This 2004 model looks nowhere near as impressive, yet it is a great truck. Im not suggesting they change the looks back again, that would be a burnout... they just need to change it so it looks impressive to the modern day customer. Secondly... Ford had a great idea when it and Mazda worked together to make the Ford Probe. It was a fairly cheap to cheap sports car. Ones that people like to buy and dragrace. Like the area of Honda Civics, Mazda Miatas, Dodge Neons,etc. Dodge got together with plymouth and created the Neon and sales rocketed. Ford would have kept selling the Probes, and maybe more even today if the Mustang didn't become more and more affordable over the years. The 1994 Mustang was what dropped the sales of the Probe.They could have put the mustang in a higher position, making it faster and a little more expensive, so Ford would look a little better in regards to racing, and still have an affordable sports car much like the mustang is today. (Besides the Probe looked pimp)
Its the customers opinions that affect the company. The company can't run itself without the people, and Ford needs to start putting itself in a customer's shoes. Ford concentrates on making everything affordable. That sounds great... for a while but then it gives them that reputation.
There are lots of other things I'd like to share, but they are more opinionated. I'd like anyone who's taken their time to read this to post suggestions for the betterment of Ford's Vehicles.

Last edited by b3nzyme; 10-10-2004 at 03:18 PM.