View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 09:08 PM
fanfare
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems Dodge has vibration probs too....

After reading all the posts about the F150 vibration issue ... I kind of got curious to see if other owners of other brands were having any problems with their trucks. Found this post on a Dodge site. Seems like a widespread problem since Dodge is aware of it .... and is working on a fix. I didn't check Chevy .. but I'll bet they have their share of problems also. I guess my point is ... I doubt any vehicle is perfect. I know for $30k ... they darn well should be ... but ... well, thats life. I was extrememly happy with my Ford ... until I started reading about this vibration problem. I have the "nibble" at 50 mph and up. I probably would not have noticed .. since this is my first "brand new" truck. Anyway, I will probably mention the vibration to the dealership. I hope it doesn't get any worse as time goes on. Here is the post from the Dodge site:

"I have a 2004.5 2500 Dodge Ram CTD 4x4 QC SB Laramie with the 48re trans. After my first highway trip I noticed the vibration, it starts at 65 and goes until about 82 mph. I also have a Drone sound that I get at the same speeds. I have had the truck less than a month, and it has about 2500 miles on it. I have it in the dealer 3 separate times for this problem. Here is a quick summation of those trips to the dealer.

Trip 1: Took it in with 800 miles on it. Dealer looked at it, and said yea, there is a problem, that Dodge is aware of it and working on a fix and for me to bring it back after 2000 miles. They did not attempt to repair anything."