View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Catfish369
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woke up this morning and put on the work coveralls. I crawled under the B2 and started checking things out. I found that the bottom front cat heat shield was loose. I started wiggling it to see what happened and it fell off in my hand. The rear cat bottom shield is also loose on one side. The system seems to be in "ok" shape otherwise. No holes, unusual sounds, or exhaust smells other then from the tailpipe.

I then popped the hood and started looking with a fine-tooth comb. I found an open vacume nipple on the bottom of the TB. I have no idea where this is supposed to connect to so I just plugged it. Also, on the air filter cover, I switched the 2 small vac lines around and low and behold, the IAC opened up and in went the air. I disconnected the IAC electrical and the engine stumbled and nearly stalled. I reattached the connector and it improved. The idle improved until a little later when the engine warmed up fully, then disconnecting the IAC electrical seemed to have no effect at all. The idle still has a miss, and is a bit low (800 to 900 RPM's in Park) but there are NO backfires and only a slight sputter and stall when driving at low speeds or from a stop. I removed the canister thingy (connected to the air filter cover via vac line) from the system completely and it seems to have no ill effects.

And the B2 Battle continues, but at least I do seem to be gaining some ground.