Old 09-24-2004, 03:34 PM
LV Dan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be careful with spraying electrical components with the the super cold liquid from a can of compressed air. The extremely small traces in electronic components can't handle those extreme temperatures and will break internally. If you do use it, don't spray the liquid directly on it, just the cool air resulting from the liquid evaporating, keeping a good distance.

Every hot start problem I have fixed was because of a failed coil or, if it is fully electronic like it is on the Explorer, the ignition module. On some Fords, there are more than one ignition module (one on the side of the distributor and one for high voltage generation). On the Explorer, which doesn't have a traditional distributor, I would check the high voltage module that the spark plug wires connect to.

Don't be fooled by the presence of a spark. Even if a spark exists, it might not be enough to ignite the fuel. The spark should be bright blue/white. If it is yellow, orange or red and can't jump at least a half and inch, it is too weak.