View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Pat Murray
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To APH453, I'm a Security Sgt. with a hospital in Middletown CT. and have many young guys working for me that have been trying to get hired onto any PD they can find. Some of these guys have military back grounds and really good educations (Assoc. up to Masters). They simply can't get past the fact that except for maybe East Hatford, There are just too many people wanting to be a cop right now. Many or most of the towns have been holding combined tests that several different towns can hire from. The problem with this method is that it draws literally thousands of people looking to get hired for just a few opennings. I gave two guys the day off to take the last State Police test held. There were 34 slots to be filled in the academy and the possibility of two classes being chosen from the same list. According to the Hartford paper, the test was given on two Saturdays and Sundays during the month. Each day it was given twice (AM and PM). Each time the test was given, 3000 people were able to be seated in three different locations. Every seat was taken with few no-shows. Thats a lot of people for just a few openings. I've heard it gets easier as you get further west, but don't know for sure. Good luck with your move.