View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 06:25 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,583 Likes on 1,291 Posts
As the periodically proud/annoyed owner of a fine 300 six, I just question the sanity of this question.

People post all kinds of stuff here and I find most of it entertaining, much of it interesting and some useful. I see people claiming their (tuna boat stationwagon motor) power to be invincable, their (obsolete overweight oil-leaking) engine to be the best engine ever made. And then there are those who refer to the 300 as a "torque monster" and others who talk about running it to 5000 rpm regularly. Just short of "and then there's the time I dusted John Force..."

It's a low performance, 1 bbl, slow turning chipper and pickup motor.

You can throw lots of money at it, but until you take two V-8 heads and weld them together and/or put a hairdryer on the side it's slower than whale poop headed for the bottom..

Will it pull all day? Yes. Does it last a long time? Yes. Is it a great motor for a light duty truck, log chipper or concrete pump? Yes.

So, go dig up those 1967 Hot Rod mags where Ak Miller stuffed one into a Mustang and went 160+ at Bonneville. Spend all you want on it, it will help the economy.

But if you want to go FAST after all that work, start with some that's already fast and make it go faster......

Please feel free to call me names, question my heredity, and sanity. Now, I've got to figure out a way to put a T5 behind mine to make it faster....