View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Rally 10/10/04!!!!!!!!

Okay - I just got the info for a road rally here in WNY. It sounds like fun & there are lots of prizes to be given away! THIS IS NOT A RACE OR OFF ROAD EVENT!!!!!!! It's for everyone who owns a vehicle & 4WD is not necessary or even an advantage!
The event will be Sun, 10/10 starting in Hamburg,NY. Pre registration is $30 - $35 the day of & will include a dash plaque, prizes & trophies & a dinner @ the conclusion @ the Holland Willows in Holland NY - a chicken BBQ for 2.
This sounds like an awesome time! We were asked if we'd like to sponsor a prize but I couldn't afford it so maybe next year.
From what I've read, you get a list of directions & a map. The total rally length is about 95 miles & the route is thru WNY which should be really pretty around that time of the year. The objective is to hit all the check in points ON TIME. Arrive early or late & lose points so forget speeding! Aw, shucks! LOL! The prizes/trophies are given for many categories - 1st to arrive, 1st husband/wife team, best brand, best "stick with it" & more. There's even a novice prize given out so you do NOT need to have experience! Sounds like we could pick up at least a few prizes for the day - I think the organizer even mentioned something about a "best club" prize! We sure could win that 1!!!
I need to know who would be interested in trying this out. We MIGHT even have a Chapter leader from another state join us on this! It would be an awesome way to welcome him & say hi to a fellow FTE'er!
Please post here either way ok? I think this is Columbus Day weekend so for those lucky enough to have a long weekend this would be fun!
Let's do this guys! We'd have a blast!