Old 08-31-2004, 11:26 PM
DieselDonor7.3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FordLariat we've already went over this in another thread... even though Isuzu is Japanese originated GMC owns them now or at least is the majority stockholder, therefore GMC is where the money is piling up when you purchase a Duramax. They moved the Isuzu Duramax plant to Ohio where they build and assemble them now and I doubt you are going to find a high percentage of Japanese workers there. If there does happen to be a few Japanese people they are AMERICAN people of Japanese heritage, so quit with the racism. Make your own thread if you need to spew or at least take it elsewhere.

Like I said I'm not going to drink American beer that I think tastes crappy for the rest of my life simply to please the American economists. PSD is the sales leader by far so I woudn't worry too much if the Duramax sells a couple hundred thousand. It is a GLOBAL economy now... everyone is in bed with everybody else. Ford owns 1/3 of Mazda now so go to a Focus forum and complain about this The sporty SVT hatchbacks are dropped for '05, but there's a new ST sedan with a 150-horsepower 2.3-liter 4-cyl. engine borrowed from Mazda, Ford's Japanese affiliate...... The engine in other models depends on where you live. For California, New York State, Massachusetts, Maine and Vermont it's a Mazda-sourced 2.0-liter "Duratec 20E"
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/e...eature22#focus

I'm sure more of these Mazda powered focus's are going to be sold than the Duramax powered Chevy, and Ford isn't even the majority stockholder. Aww there goes hard earned American money over to foreign lands because the husband chose an "American" car for his wife to get the kids to soccer practice and pick up groceries.

Marine Tinman- I'm on it. I will work on finding the Duramax hp and torque curves.

Last edited by DieselDonor7.3; 09-01-2004 at 12:00 AM.