View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by inkpap
Rockledge,
I installed the sensor and assembly today without the "special tool". I marked things real well before removing the old one so I'd be sure to get the new one in the same exact place. It worked and my car runs great! It took me 1 hour 45 minutes to complete the job. The sensor cost $37. and the assembly $142. I really like Fords but the design of the sensor is a joke. The metal magnet inside the sensor fell off damaging the assembly. The "c" looked like a "d", but not bad enough that I couldn't figure out where one of the ends were before it got twisted. I know this is a "truck site" but I do own a motorhome on a Ford E350 (V-10)....I hope this matters....lol.
Thanks so much for your help and all the other people who have posted info and repair ideas about this problem. This is a great place and believe me I've looked at a bunch of others that arn't worth a darn. Lot's of good people here!
Thanks Again !!!!
Hey that's great! Helpful feedback, too. It's good to know that the repair is doable (at least in some cases) without the special tool by marking things carefully.

The manner in which your synchronizer shaft was destroyed is common, so I'd have to agree with you on the design.

And BTW, yes the 3.0L "vulcan" engine in your Taurus is the same one that's in the Ranger.