View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 10:52 PM
fredjeep
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda is indeed building a "pickup" type ...vehicle. It will probably be called the Havasu. It is a four door with a small open ...bed. It will be based on the Odyssey/Pilot/MDX platform. It is powered by Honda's fantastic 3.5L 240-260 hp V6 shifting through Honda's 5 speed auto. It will use the Pilot/MDX VTM-4 four wheel drive system, which is a front wheel drive based system that puts power to the rear wheels as needed. It will have an MPG in the 17/22 range.

It is not a "real truck" however. It will not have a big payload or tow rating. It has four wheel independent suspension tuned for Honda's typical ride/handling target. It is the truck for the guy who needs to get a couple of bags of mulch home from Lowe's without worring about messing up the inside of his wife's Odyssey.

I would not expect seeing this thing on the trail or pulling a big boat anytime soon. I would not buy one, but it will sell, and sell well, like most Hondas. I look for it to arrive in my showroom in the next few months.

Last edited by fredjeep; 08-19-2004 at 10:58 PM.