Thread: 462 engine
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 03:02 PM
ms_michelle
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 462 engine

Before everyone tells me this engine is not from the 401, 477, 534 engine family, I already know that. Since there is not a board that covers these engines, and these engines are real torquers and close in displacement this is probably the board that comes closest to them. I though I would try here. I have a 462 Lincoln engine from a 67 Lincoln that I parted out several years ago. I knew the car and know that the engine is a good solid well running engine that produces gobs of torque. I am giving serious thought to putting this engine in my 55 F-600 replacing the 390 that now resides in it. This engine has a bellhousing that looks different to any Ford bellhousing that I have ever seen. I do not know but could it possibly have the same bellhousing pattern as these Super Duty engines? I have the original C-6 tranny that was behind the engine, but I want to mate it to my truck four speed. Can anyone on this board tell me if anyone makes an adapter, or does anyone know of a bellhousing that will fit this engine where I can use a manual transmission with it? Also I need to know what if any flywheels will work with this engine?

Michelle