View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 10:07 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Shocks and Struts???????????????

The Edelbrocks and Bilsteins do not make it a rougher ride. As with any vehicle, the more you lower it, the worse the ride gets. I have only lowered mine 2 inches. You really have to have it side by side with another X to notice a big difference.

Mine rides just as good as a stock X on the factory tires. Using the Michellins help out on the ride quality alot. I have done alot of performance mods to my X, so I wanted a suspension that could handle what I am doing better.

Granted, a BMW or Porsche can still out corner me, but we are talking about a SUV also.

If you want your X to handle better, lose the 'roll' feel to it when taking curves at higher than average speeds, then you need to lower it so that your center of gravity is lower, change the sway bars, and change shocks. The Edelbrocks and Bilsteins were designed for that purpose - to handle the load better without giving up ride quality.

Monroe and other brands are designed for the average Explorer - the 'parent' drivers, soccer moms, and everyday driver. That way it gives a good ride for the average SUV.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything...

Check out this site for a little info on what you can do. There prices are a little high (you can get the same products for half the price at other places), but it will give you some info to start with...

[link:www.explorerexpress.com|Explorer Express]