View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 04:27 PM
marrug
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare Tire Removal

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Nov-02 AT 05:30 PM (EST)]mgazak has it 100% right. i didnt answer cause i really thought maybe ford figured an easier way than that. its exactly the same on my 96, and i'm glad i've never had to do it (altho i've lowered it just to see how its done) I keep the 2-part rod and the jack handle taped together in the back cargo compartment, so i dont have to go fooling around all over the truck at night by the side of the road. also, I invested in a better bottle jack than the chintzy one that came with the truck..just be real careful where you put it to jack it up..hope you never have to do it...yeah I agree its simple, but it doesnt look like fun...especially since rule # 238735603 says you only get flats at nite in the rain with somebody else in the truck at the time...lol Oh yeah, dont forget to check the tire pressure of that spare...its such a pain in the *** to get to i didnt bother until i bought new tires and discovered my spare had so little air it didnt register on the guage..