Old 08-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation Where are we going from here? NEED INPUT!

OK, I do realize it's summer and a lot of folks just aren't spending as much time on the internet, but it seems that interest in the Drifters has dwindled to a trickle.... if not a complete standstill.

That causes some concerns for me...and should for the rest of you also. There's been no interest at all for the Northwest Mt meet this year...except at the initial concept of the idea. Then people seemed to realize that it could cost time and money to come here and could they get away from their jobs, etc. So.. as far as it goes... it looks like the meet is a dead horse and I'm not going to flog it anymore.

In order to have a successful chapter, we need participation other than just in this forum. So, I guess we need to make some decisions and go from there. The Iowa chapter kicked into gear, worked at it and got their own chapter and seem to be going for the gusto. So what is wrong with the rest of this situation?

Does the Drifters consist of too many states with too much distance between each area?

Should we, as individual states, form our own chapters?

What should I, as leader, ask of you all for participation?

Those are just a few of the questions I have for now. I feel like we are spinning our wheels and before I invest in having bumper stickers made, or anything else for that matter...I think we need to decide where we are going as a multi-state chapter...or if we are going anywhere. This just can't work, being a winter only group.

I realize it's much easier for the more populated states to get their chapters organized, with presidents, treasurers, secretaries and the whole 9 yards, but with us being so spread out... I just can't see how this is all going to work as a single unit. Are we just kidding ourselves into thinking a multi-state chaper can work? (Especially one that covers such a large area.)

I need your input! Where are we going from here?