Thread: Places to go?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 11:06 PM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, nope it's not too late... I leave on August the 7th. Here is my planned trip so far:

First day drive from San Antonio to Palo Duro Canyon (near Amarillo). Camp the night there, supposed to be really pretty. The next spend some time around camp, then leave mid-morning for denver. Stay a night in a hotel in denver. Early the next morning drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Spend the day driving/ hiking around. (Here is a question for those that have been, can you camp in places besides in their designated campgrounds?) The next morning leave there and slowly make my way down thru the Summit county area and end up around buena vista. I just read an article about a great dirt road that goes near the Alpin Tunnel and St. Elmo. Supposed to be a good ghost town and nice sights to see. I havn't looked, but am hoping that is in a national forest so I can camp somewhere along the trail. The next day leave there and head to the Great Sand dunes. Spend some time around the dunes, then head off a 4x4 trail for some camping that night. The next morning get up (slowly probably) and begin heading back for texas *sigh*. That night I will drive as far as I can, then sleep the night in a cheapy motel. Then home.

Thanks for reading this if you made it all the way thru. What do y'all think? Any suggestions or modifications you think I should make to my trip let me know. I am pretty restricted to the number of nights I am there, although I wish I could make the trip a lot longer Maybe next time anyways. Thanks guys, and boy am I getting excited!