View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 04:11 PM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my engine bill today

stopped down at olson brothers and talked to conrad when i got back from the doctor today, doctor said my diabeties had gotten a little worse and my pills were no longer working well so they changed my pills, hopefully in two weeks i show improvement. well i wlaked into the shop and he said i bet you want to know the damage i said yep. then braced for impact. $1007.46..
that was for boreing and honing it out to remove the scratches. magna fluxing he heads block and intake. boiling out everything. replace the frost plugs, new pistons becuase it had to be bored 60 over, new rings, new cam and lifters, new pushrods, new timing chain, new crank because decided since we had it apart might as well go to a 390 crank, new rods because of the last. then had them reassemble it and paint it a pretty shade of ford blue.
he builds almost all the race engines for the tracks around here, and everyone says they trust him. so hopefully when i drop it back in all i have to do is hook up the waterpump, drop the dizzy in, hook up some wires and she runs like a dream. that and find 1007 dollars to pay him, i accepting donations lol