View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 12:39 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the diagram you seek, if you'll send me your e-mail address I'll send it to you, but the diagram you drew is essentially accurate.

Out of curiousity, what has led you to the conclusion that air is making your injector knock?

I would think that if there were sufficient air in the system to make an injector knock that they would all be doing it, and in that case you would need the tank and pre-pump mods to remedy that, otherwise what ever little bit of entrained air that does get released to the rails shouldn't have any effect on the injectors operation as the air will rise to the highest point in the rail and the injectors are drawing fuel from the lowest point.

I don't want to discourage you from experimenting on it by any means, I love watching this kind of stuff unfold, but I think you are going to have problems maintaining sufficient fuel pressure. Ford already regulates the fuel pressure to the minimum as spec'd. by International, and I think bleeding more pressure off will create more driveability problems than it cures.