View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Matt Waite
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My thanks to Hank!

I have been struggling with my 96 Ranger clutch system for 2 weeks now. I replaced everything from the reservoir to the clutch disc and was still not getting it to disengage at all (even the line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder, those little stamped steel tools for disconnecting the fitting are not all that great!). The last time I bled the system it was running through freely without pumping, so I assumed it was thoroughly bled. I found this website tuesday night and had the truck on the road in an hour on Wednesday. Hanks' posting on bleeding the master cylinder was a true lifesaver!! Thanks buddy, you saved my checkbook from yet another hit.

Something else worth mentioning. The nice plastic hydraulic line that is oem in my truck has several neat little bends and curves that are great for holding airbubbles as well. I worked the line around while attached to the master and slave in the engine compartment so that any trapped air in the bends could come to the top. That might have been where it was hiding as well. Just don't work it around too much. It has to be purchased through a Ford dealer and runs around $70.

Last edited by Matt Waite; 07-07-2004 at 10:45 PM. Reason: forgot one point