View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 12:30 AM
90ebbronc
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flathead in a Model A

Yes i know this is a truck site, but who cares, lol. Im looking for a model A. Im wanting to make it into sorta a rat rod. Just about everyone you see that is a hot rod, has a small block chevy in it. Well i dont believe in cross breading like that. I have found a flathead v8, and would really love to put it into the Model A.

Ok my question is, would i have to do anything to the frame to hold up to the flathead. Or should the frame be strong enough to hold the flathead, plus not twist under its "huge" lol power. I figure if all else fails, i can box in the original frame, no biggie. I just want to keep most of the car original, for the exceptions of the flathead and power steering and of course the tranny and rear end. I guess you could say, that i want the body, frame, and possibly the front susp (if at all possible to do and still have power steering). If thats not possible, then please make suggestions for a front end and still keep solid axle. This will be driven every day thats its pretty, and on weekends. Basically this will be a second daily driver, just not driven as often as the Bronco (there is my ford truck so i wont get kicked out LOL).

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for the long book.