Thread: An Idea!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 04:08 PM
gypsyrose31299
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordlover1951
Ahhh, but just think of the wonderful learning experience you had! And yes..putting all that stuff back in and getting it to work the same is a real pain in da pa-toot. And I agree...the Haynes manuals as are most of them now days, is basically worthless....but there are some nice pictures to look at while killing time trying to figure out what they said as compared to the pictures.
Boy, you're definetely an optimist. I agree it WAS a learning experience. I learned to never let someone else TAKE OVER my projects. If they want to help, thats one thing, but NO TAKING OVER!

So, if NOBODY likes the Haynes manual, why do they still sell them? It is kind of interesting to compare pics to the written instructions.

I tried to use the Haynes manual for a Chevy Beretta (glad to be rid of that POS!) once to replace the lock and tumbler (Does anyone else go through those things the way I seem to?) and the Haynes manual said to take it to the Chevy dealership to have it repaired because you need a "special tool"....so I called Chevy and asked to talk to a mechanic. He told me the part no. on the "special tool". I went to the parts store to have them look up the part no. The special tool was a pivot pin remover. So I bought the stupid thing (didnt' know we already had one!) only to figure out that you DON'T even need a "special tool". Is Chilton's actually any better though?