Old 06-16-2004, 08:46 AM
oldstylefseries
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dgpruitt,

That is the sending unit from the GHOST oil pressure gauge that I
mentioned in my first post. Save yourself a LOT of work (potentially). Go and get a mechanical gauge. Hook it up where the sending unit above currently is, and drive for a day or two. Watch your oil pressure. You may not have any engine trouble, and your gauge wiring is kaputt. The setup that you have is notorious for being troublesome. Mine is all over the place. Remember, that gauge is just a calibrated idiot light, and that sending unit above is just a switch. Just like for an idiot light.

However, if you DO in fact have problems (do you hear your lifters clacking? any bearing knocks?), then what I mean by flushing the pump is this:

Take the four bolts out of the bottom of the new pump. Take the rotors out of the pump next. Then spray some degreaser throughout the pump, and blow it out with compressed air. Just in case there is any metal chips left over from the machining process, I do this. Put the rotors back in. Pack the spaces between the rotors with Vaseline. Reinstall the cover, then reinstall the pump.

Hope this helps.