Thread: An Idea!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 11:58 AM
gypsyrose31299
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtflat
Hey gypsyrose, I've got a tank selector valve that needs changing on my 88 250 4x4. Maybe we could make a competetion out of getting them changed, or a relay race, or....or.... Park our trucks side by side and split up into pit crews.......yeah!!

Paint, what paint? These mid to late 80's trucks don't have paint.

(btw - if any of you repaint these, be sure to take them down to bare metal before repainting - Ford had primer/overcoat compatibility problems and I've seen very few repaints work right that didn't go all the way down)
Hey, that sounds like a superb idea! Now, I've done a little bit of research on fixing this darn thing and found the same info reading here. I've read that you either have to drop your tanks or take off the box. Do you HAVE to do one or the other? I was discussing this with my significant other and he's saying that he KNOWS we can just climb under the truck and get to it. I beg to differ but then again he knows more about this stuff than I do. And he tends to do things not just the HARD way but the HARDEST way.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd have any takers (thanks, Matt!). Heheheh. Fordlover, I thought working on the truck WAS fun!!!

Oh, and my truck actually has fairly decent paint still. There is a tiny bit of rust on the corner of the passenger door and then an even smaller amount around the dang snaps. Otherwise it looks nice. (Well, I could do without the brown stripes down the side!!!) I really need to put picture of it on here!