Old 05-26-2004, 11:29 AM
williamson
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, I have been wondering which way to go in my new truck as well. I ordered a new Lariat SCAB a couple of weeks ago and was talking to a friend who had the Rhino installed. It looked very good! He said that the drop ins cause rust. Now I just had to check that theory out. I have a 93 Ranger with the plastic drop in bed liner for 11 years. I have never removed the bed liner before but the curiosity got the best of me. The other day I removed it and to my surprise there was NO rust at all. Yes a little paint rub-off but NO rust. Now I can't say that I carry heavy loads that might help to wear the paint down faster or even cause deeper scratches, but come on, 11 years in Florida rains and NO rust!! I'm just not convinced just yet that drop-in liners cause rusting, maybe so in other conditions, but not here, not for me anyway. I'm not sure what I will install just yet in my new truck (can't wait till it gets here) but I just wanted to share my experience with others. I'll post pics of my new truck when it gets here!