Old 05-22-2004, 07:32 PM
LUNGFIXER
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tire Pressure Sensor Warning On 2004 Expedition

I just purchased a 2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition, and had 22-inch chrome rims put on by the dealer's Pro Shop. The first set of rims I choose were a no-go because the tire pressure sensors from the factory wheels would not fit flush against the inside of the valve stem, and the tires had a slow air leak. I chose a different set of 22's, which the Pro Shop assured me would be "No Problem"... but I'm still getting a "Warning Tire Pressure Low" message, which I cannot reset or get to disappear (which means I have no odometer, compass, or any of the other features of the Message Center.

The dealership is telling me that it should reset itself soon, but I think they're blowing smoke up my ***. Does anyone else here have 20" or 22" aftermarket rims on an '04? Is this something that can be fixed?

Can I force the tire pressure sensor alarm to reset, or disable it completely?? The guy in the service bay says "Yes, but for safety reasons Ford wont tell us how". Anyone here know how I may accomplish this? I do NOT want to go back to stock rims, but I have to be able to see my odometer.

Thanks