View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 06:56 PM
bigdieseldav
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enlighten me about propane injection!!

Ok guys, i've done everything to my truck that i wanted to thus far with the exception of the mysterious propane injection. I say mysterious because I will not spend 600-800 $ on something that i believe to be quite simple, if one only knew what parts the kits consisted of. After about 1.5 months of reading as much information as could be found, I have decided that I am going to let em' hang and do it. I know what the basic parts consist of, but i read things that claim the propane can be fed into the intake system at variable rates in relation to boost pressures??? Makes no sense to me. I can understand a flow or no flow cycle based on a preset boost level that will actuate the regulator, but to actually vary the psi of the flow going into the engine seems unobtainable if not dangerous as I've read that less then 2psi propane flow is not desirable or efficient while 5+ is the borderline between running well and pinging. So help me out and offer as much info as you have. I will be doing the install myself because i think for the cost of the parts involved compared to the cost of the kits is rediculous. I'm looking forward to getting it done, but want to give all the guys here with good information time to enlighten me. Thanks fellas. And i will post results after the install is complete if I don't blow something up