View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

I've got two digital cameras..one is a set of 10x binoculars with digicam and a Sony FD Mavica with a 10X zoom, but..you will want to bring lots of film for the drive up through Glacier Park. If we take the whole loop up over the top and then down and around the outside of the park home, it will be an early start and a full day. My suggestion though is to just Drive to the top, hike up the boardwalk ( or be lazy and snoop in the visitors center then turn around and enjoy the ride back down the side of the Garden Wall...YEAHH!!!) Be prepared in Glacier that the speed limit is only 45 MPH... but thats quite alright... there's plenty to look at. Even some freshly burned areas and hopefully they won't be in the midst of forest fires this year!!!

Have been telling the wife about this and she can't believe its really going to happen. I am really looking forward to this. I guess I'll get an email off to the webby and have him send me a hi rez FTE picture to print out as a banner or cards or something. Hmmmm..... FTE coffee cups for those that show...I'll have to check and see how much they cost to print and see if I can come up with the bux.

OK.. officially I am going to start making a list of planned attendees. Grandmarquis.. you can still do a write up of the event and I and mtflat will be there to answer any questions about the area. If any of you plan on bringing friends, please email me or post here how many people coming with you for sure, so mtflat and I can make appropriate plans. I'll start a thread named NW attendees and you can post only your username and how many people, and sleeping plans in there....camper, tent, hotel, etc.

mtflat and Montanaford.... my cell phone numbers are 249-2277 and 249-2287....never know which one I'll have with me. If you want to get together for coffee gimme a call a day ahead and I will plan on meeting with you someplace...like Cislo's or Bojangles?? or?? If you catch me when Im working out in the Junipers... let it ring... I may be too busy cursing and yelling OW!! to hear the phone at first. And I'll need time to go wash the blood off me arms before going anyplace where people eat.

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-07-2004 at 01:08 AM. Reason: fix da bold that wasn't