View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 03:21 PM
ExcursionUSA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now here's another question which costed me some time in the past and never got to a solution. Maybe you can help...

I have a 03' Ex with the in-dash 6-CD player and the FACTORY installed DVD option in the rear. Now I wanted to add some headrest monitors, so that the 3rd row passengers don't have to cramp up to watch a DVD. That (so I was told by a Car-Stereo "Expert") would not be possible, as the Ford System can not be added on.

Well, ok then, here's me thought: Could you install an in-dash DVD/CD control unit and use the factory installed monitor and the factory installed DVD as an AUX unit? That way the in-dash DVD-CD unit would support the headrest monitors and eventually (if possible) the built-in flip down screen. The rear (factory installed) DVD could then be connected to the master unit in the dash, so if somebody in the rear would like to watch a different movie than the one you have in the master unit, they could switch the channel on their headrest unit?

I don't know if that would work or not, but it's in my mind for quite a while but I have not found any answer to my problem yet???

Andy idea? Input? Help?