Old 04-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But when it comes time to buy a new vehicle, those numbers become very important.

Imagine yourself as a young man needing a new vehicle who doesn't have a brand-bias. Are you going to buy the Ford that is 1200 dollars more expensive but has 40 less horsepower and 25 less lb-ft of torque compared to a Chevy. No, you're going to try to get the most numbers for the least money.

The above is not going with true facts, so don't even try to start ripping on it - its a theoretical scenario and you can throw whatever brand into which category you want.

Numbers sell, not getting you home for dinner. Enlightened persons will opt for the 300-6 and drop the money into it they would have spent on a 351..or theyll find a 390 to drop in. But for new vehicles..its about the numbers of the engine, how low an overdrive its sporting for mileage, etc. Plus - today's buyers are buying trucks to replace their cars or SUV's with and getting the CC/SCREW options..so they care less about towing and more about 0-60.

I'll still take my 300-6 - and I've only had it a few months.