View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 08:58 PM
mattadams
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a good story for you, and a bad story for you.
When I bought my truck, it had a recently sprayed rhino liner in it. while I didn't like the fact that they sprayed over the bolts, figured oh well, not much I can do about it, its still a good liner. About 3-6 months after that (figure the liner is now 6-9 months old) the liner began fading horribly, and even peeling in some spots. The liner is basically brown, not black, not good looking at all. In addition to that, since they sprayed over the bolts its made it impossible to do a body lift or body work without adding countless hours to the labor of it. Whenever I went to Rhino Lining to see what they could do, I was told they could do nothing, the lifetime warranty didn't apply to me because I was not the original purchaser of the vehicle. I used every product they recommended, and it'd make it black again for a day or two, then fade right back to the drab brown that it is now. I will neve rhave another rhino liner installed again.
Now, on to Line-X. I have it installed on my roll bar, my nerf bars, my taillight covers, and my brushguard. I love it. I've had it on there for about 2 years now and it hasnt faded at all. It's held up to all kinds of abuse and works great. The Line-X dealer on santa fe near C-470 even told me if I could rip out the rhino lining, he'd do the bed for half price because he saw what horrible condition it was in. Unfortunately I can't afford even half price right now, nor do i want ot take the rollbar/toolbox out again (its a massive ordeal, trust me!). But he's sprayed my other stuff and I've been very pleased with the results. Highly recommend it.
FYI, the Rhino shop on belleview and windermere is staff with a bunch of guys that speak about 10 words of english, very frustrating when trying to tell them the problem with my liner.