View Single Post
Old 04-13-2004, 02:01 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been out working on it pretty vigorously, got the cab undercoated inside n out and i used spray on bedliner on my floors. i want to drive it so bad that i am half tempted to waste the money on the stock suspension for a set of shoes hardware and wheel cylinders. the rest of it actually is pretty tight, i am about to go mount my seat in it soon here. i would probaly just drop the cleveland in it and rebuid it later. i am going to hotwire the motor for now. i will use a 78f150 diagram for my lights and column, the old wiring was intact, but old. one really cool thing about this truck....it was built 3-4 miles from my house, at the st.paul ford plant. the vin code says st paul. god bless america. i might add some more pics later.

i never always thought it necessary to get them drums turned inless they were warped. a slight lip just means you will have to adjust the brakes in to get the drum off each time...lol. if you blew out the line you atleast got out the gunk, but i remember cutting into my old fuel and brake lines on the 55, they looked like clogged arteries. was just thinking they might be rusty also and it will give you a excuse to put a bigger line in it for a bit more flow. i have seen the stuff on sealing the insides of tanks at the parts store, but never heard much on whether people liked it or not. i would think it risky if it started peeling though. the in cab tanks are nice for easy removal, they are in and out. i wanted my tank behind the axle to move the weight from under me to behind the tires, i put in a poly job out of jegs. though they make some real nice aftermarket tanks and , i always could have used a tank out of a later model. it is sometimes possible with a bit of coaxing and fabrication.