View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 10:40 AM
IndependenceJohn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question question

I'm beginning to think we've got the same configuration on our inline filter..... The existing one on my truck doesn't have those plastic clips and the diagrams in the shop manual doesn't look anything like what I'm finding there either. I have a '96 Eddie Bauer F-150 and the connectors are roughly 1-1/2" -2" long and stairstep out two times from the line side to the female end on the filter side. There's no exterior ring or anything as it appears in the diagrams shown in another reply to this post. There's one metal 'saddle clip' on the front line side of the filter. The clip is easy to remove, but still haven't had any luck budging the filter from the fuel line.

Do I need a 'special' tool to get the line to release?

I wasn't about to do anything too drastic, as this is my only transportation to work! I wish I'd taken a picture of it while I was under there last night because, so far, nobody I've spoken with has had a clue what I'm talking about.

Anybody here have any suggestions...... or a part number for the tool I'd need if there is one?

Last edited by IndependenceJohn; 04-06-2004 at 10:48 AM. Reason: add e-mail notification