View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry now I am back, Yes I do get 26 mpg. it is hand calculated and I run the stock tires and rims, no gearing changes and it is a CC, SB, 4x4. My odometer is exactly on according to my drive to work in miles. My wifes Toyota gets the exact same miles from my door to my work. Both of my motor cycles are within a tenth of a mile to and from work. Yes your Egt's are going to rise and fall with acceleration etc. but once you reach CRUISING speed it should level off at around 550 to 600 degrees. And between 1800 and 2200 rpms based on wind hills etc.

The whole K&N thing. Melisa is right keep it oiled up. It is ok to use but not with the stock air box it will not seal right and cause dusting of the turbo. Also get a precleaner on it too. It is a 25 dollar sleeve that fits over the K&N and makes cleaning the filter and oiling much easier. It also helps catch dust too. Now I know that some guys on here are very spiteful of K&N. But I nor all of my buddies who use them have had a problem as long as they got rid of the stock air box. We all us the Airaid intake to replace the stocker.

Fire Rooster