Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - New to me 1966 F100
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Post Fiend
daveengelson has a good reputation on FTE.daveengelson has a good reputation on FTE.daveengelson has a good reputation on FTE.
They do make reproduction wiring harnesses with same wire color codes and connectors, matter of unplugging the old and plug in the new. I was not able to find a company that reproduced the dash harness at the time and ended up with a 'do it myselfer' repair using plastic ties to keep each trunk separate while making the repairs. They do make harness wrap which is none adhesive, just wrap the wires and I use blk electrical tape to secure the ends. This kit thru Carolina Classics looks like the answer for a complete wiring replacement, to include upgraded features, too bad they were not available few years back. Bookmarked the referral, thanks for posting. The reproduction harness will run approx. $100 ea. for the head and tail light harness, and approx. $50 ea. for the alternator and engine harness I will have to check and see if the company that makes the individual harness replacements is the same company that makes the kit, is so, I was very pleased w/ the quality, and workmanship of the individual reproduction harness.