View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 06:41 PM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just trying to get a grasp on these engines. FE's I know like the back of my hand, ask me anything about them and I can rattle it off. But these, just like any different engine they're completely different. I wish someone made a book on them.

I dont know, maybe I should just get one and start measuring. Now where to put it...

Do you know what the compression height of the pistons is, the rod length, and the deck height? Also, are the heads a wedge or plank design, and what is the CC's on the adverage set of heads if they're wedge?

Edit: What I'm really trying to do is to see how hard it would be to modify one. You know, port the heads, get the compression ratio up, have a custom cam ground for it, make some custom headers, that kind of thing. Also, I'm trying to see if any parts (like pistons for example) will interchange from other engines. If I have the time, and the will, and the money someday, I may just build one. If for no other reason, than to do something completely different.

Last edited by rusty70f100; 03-21-2004 at 06:49 PM.