Thread: FICM voltage
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 06:44 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Axlerod View Post
Is the plug and harness at the back of the alternator in good shape? Might want to look at it closely, a good connection here is important. Unfortunately, the rebuilt units from the chain stores don't have a good track record on a 6.0 powered trucks. While they might work ok on a gasoline powered sedan, the load on them is pretty high with the diesel. After going thru a couple of alternators myself, I took one to a local shop for repairs. After returning it the first time they fixed it by installing some different "heavy duty" parts and it's been working correctly for a couple of years now. Like yours the indication was an intermittent BAT light on the dash.
I agree with Rusty...

The problem with my Autozone alternator was the fact that the regulator needed to be replaced with one that had a higher set point. (14.2 instead of just 13.5)
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty The Mighty 6.0: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Straight pipe, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast The Mighty Excursion: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood and sweat by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines