View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
The boiling point of #2 fuel oil is 340F - 675F at atmospheric pressure. At 60 psi gauge pressure, it is substantially higher. Boiling doesn't introduce air to anything; it vaporizes the liquid. When the vapor cools to below its boiling point, it condenses to its original liquid state.
I'm not thinking a full boil... I'm thinking those tiny bubbles like the ones you see in a pot of water that's heating up. With the small amount of fuel these injectors use per cycle, the tiniest bubbles (that reach #2 and # 7 first) can wreak havoc.

It's just a theory and an experiment at this stage - no declarations. It does coincide with the frequency of the issues with #7 and the less-frequent #2 - the fuel line is always cooler on the driver side.

Electrical - what if the fuel bowl heater is stuck on? I'll look at that as well. IDM has been swapped out with no change. UVCH and VC gaskets replaced while troubleshooting. PCM swapped out. Many wildly different tunes have been tried... including stock. The stock injectors had this same failure - before any mods had been added.