Thread: User Signatures
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 12:19 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Now, instead of saying "My '01" and not having to detail it, I'll have to include all pertinent information everytime I post about something.

In all my dealings with BBS's in the past, and running quite a few myself in the past 20 years, I have to say this is not a good sign for things to come.

Kinda like the 'I can say "***" but not "@$$"' policy because of the small print in your guidelines that says you can't mask expletives. And yet, *** is not an expletive in your filters, but you (and by "you" I mean you and your moderators) still pounded on a few people for doing it.

Punish the many because of the few. Nice going... and letting the "elite" keep their sigs while punishing the "little people" is a nice touch too...

I want to make a very cynical comment here about the parallels between this and other things going on in the world, but based on previous responses to things like that, I'll leave the obvious comparisons to the reader.

I guess if I pony up the money to join the club, I can get my sig back?

Oh wait, there's that previously unknown "cut-and-paste" technology... hmm... how did that go again? Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v ...

art k.