View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Stinky is driving me crazy!

No fancy-schmancy thread title here.

Stinky was running like he was on 7 cylinders the other day and #2 was a banger - and I didn't stop to get CCT (it was 100 degrees outside). The weather has since cooled down (75 degrees and a series of storms - to tame the wildfires) and I can't get him to misbehave. Every time it gets hot outside, I get some form of grief from da big Stink's nose. Cooler weather always puts him on his best behavior.

It's hard to figure this stuff out when the gauges say all is well, and I have to drag out the AE on a hot day (when I really don't have the time or want to be outside). If it's a funky injector, I have #9 in a box. If it's aerated fuel, I'll work on the fuel line. If it's aerated oil - I'm at a loss. The Engine Oil Temp never gets above 210 degrees, ICP, IPR, FIPW all read normal, but I feel Torque Pro has reached it's limit on this.

I am now running daily with AE up and recording, waiting for Stinky to hiccup - then I can swap to CCT as fast as a wife can change her mind.

Anybody have any theories as to why injectors will revolt with high air temps?