View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
Power Tilt for Frontend

I was at the Big Bear Lake car show this past weekend and saw this truck with a really well-designed/constructed frontend tilt system. After I took these photos he offered to close the frontend to show me how well it operated. This system was so smooth and quiet that I couldn't believe that it was actually operating...a real jaw-dropper for me. He said that the actuators came from Electric Life and have the motors integrated in to the actuator. I asked him about the hinges, he told me that they were made by a guy who ran a jewelry store and built these on the side...no further info about the source was available. What isn't shown in the photos are the alignment pins in the firewall and the running boards.
Thought that I would give those who are building one-piece frontends a little "food for thought".
Attached Images