View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Senior User

abeagle is starting off with a positive reputation.
The weather is generally nice in Southwestern VA where we live and East Tennessee is a little warmer. Our winters can be cold at times, but I would not think it is Colorado cold. There are mountains (Blue Ridge in VA and Smokies in TN) if you like those, but most is just ridge and valley area. Many hiking and biking trails. Lake fishing for bass and fly fishing is readily available if that is of interest.

The areas are often rural with larger towns around the 60k size with good medical facilities and decent retail. Employment options are not the greatest at the present economy, but depends on your occupation options. The area is generally conservative, but the metro areas of VA especially seem to over-ride the rural conservative areas. Not sure if you want conservative or more liberal.

There are many car and truck enthusiasts in the area with TN probably having more, especially in the Chattanooga area. I also have a tri-five Chevy and there are many of those owners in the Chattanooga area. Local clubs here in our VA area have about 70 or so members most of the time.

If interested for more info, let me know or send a private message.

Bruce