Old 08-05-2014, 04:25 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
I thought he sold it? LOL. This kind of nonsense is why I don't trust ebay any further than I can throw it nowadays. I wonder what happened? I wonder if he just shut his own auction down with a shill bidder because the price was too low for his liking, or did the buyer refuse to take it, etc.?

Ebay has become a joke. Just this past week I "won" 3 vehicle auctions. Every one of them was NO reserve. My bids were very low and no one else bid. Now the sellers (2 of them) are refusing to sell them because it didn't bring the money. Ebay doesn't consider auto sales and real estate to be binding because of various state and federal laws. Despite what any seller may put on the ads, if neither party wants to follow through, there is nothing that can be done. That leaves a lot of no sales, etc. Also a lot of sellers are running up bids uses ghost bids. Ebay needs to start requiring buyers to provide some form of assure. A 10 year old can get a buyers account on ebay and bid away (of course not legally) but that invites problems.