View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Mr Personality
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all,
I think I will skip the shop in N. Van that is closing in May.
I had a friend mention Vulcan, but he hadn't dealt with them for years and had no good info.
The statement from Racerguy that "we've had so many problem in the past" indicated that a poor track record was established over a period of time by a/his shop. Good info...
I haven't decided yet, but drove by the Canada Engine shop in Surrey today. Quite a big operation. I asked for info on how they do things and explained I was in the market. I was given a tour of the entire large building and had each machine and assembly station explained in detail. All done in a friendly manner that was informative and didn't come across as a hard sell job.
$1995 for exchange engine
$875 labour to yank old and slap in new.
$150 in misc fluids and things
$3020. in total.

I had another quote that came in at $2600, but was a smaller shop. Bond Mechanical on Main St.

I had priced the Ford Quality Renewal engines though a ford dealer parts person I know, and a long block was, if I recall correct, about $4500 WITHOUT labour for the install. A bit price.

I am going to do a bit more research, and then make a decision.
Thanks again for the local feedback and I will provide a response on how it works out.

Doug